Place of Holding of Annual General Meeting (AGM)Notes:
- It is a general practice that the Annual General Meetings are being conducted at the Registered Office of the Companies.
- However it is not mandatory that the Company must hold its AGM at the registered office of the Company.
- Annual General Meeting can be held at some other place within the city, town or village in which the registered office of the company is situated.
- Sub-section (2) of Section 96 of the Companies Act 2013 prescribes the provisions for place of conducting of AGM.
- Earlier similar provisions were prescribed in sub-section (2) of Section 166 of the Companies Act 1956.