Meetings of Board of Directors of Companies - Minimum Numbers in a Year
- Every company shall hold minimum 4(four) board meetings each year.
- Here "year" means calendar year (from January to December) and not financial year of the company.
- Gap between Two consecutive board meetings: not more than 120 days.
- Companies act 2013: This provision is prescribed under section 173(1).
- One-Person Company, small company and dormant company are not required to hold minimum 4(four) board meetings each year. Instead they are required to hold 1(one) board meeting in each half of a calendar year.
- Gap between Two consecutive board meetings: not less than 90 days.
- Companies act 2013: This provision is prescribed under section 173(5).
The board meetings shall be hold minimum 4(four) times a year with a maximum gap of 4(four) months between any 2(two) meetings.
Secretarial Standard by ICSI
"SS-1 (2.1) : "The Board shall meet at least once in every calendar quarter, with a maximum interval of one hundred and twenty days between any two consecutive Meetings of the Board, such that at least four Meetings are held in each Calendar Year."
- Earlier similar provisions were prescribed under section 285 of the companies act 1956.