Unregistered Company is not a defined under the Companies Act 2013.
The expression Unregistered Company is explained in section 375 of the said act.
- Who can be considered as Unregistered Company?
- It shall include any partnership firm, limited liability partnership or society or co-operative society, association or company consisting of more than seven members.
- Who are not considered as Unregistered Company?
- a railway company incorporated under any Act of Parliament or other Indian law or any Act of Parliament of the United Kingdom;
- a company registered under this Act; or
- a company registered under any previous companies law and not being a company the registered office whereof was in Burma, Aden, Pakistan immediately before the separation of that country from India;
The provisions for winding up of unregistered company is described in the Part II of the Chapter XXI of the companies act 2013.