- Passing of special resolution, to alter its articles including alterations for conversion of :
- a private company into a public company; or
- a public company into a private company:
A private company will cease to be a private company from the date of alteration, in case it makes any alteration to its AOA in a way that the altered AOA no longer include the restrictions and limitations which are required to be in the articles of a private limited company.
Any alteration for conversion of a public company into a private company requires the approval of the Tribunal (NCLT).
- Company has to file with the ROC the followings within 15days
- every alteration of the articles;
- a copy of the order of the Tribunal approving the alteration along with
- a printed copy of the altered articles
- Any alteration of the articles registered shall be valid as if it were originally in the articles.