Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department) Notification dated the 8th July, 2019
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 6th July, 2019, and is published for general information in the Official Gazette on 8th July, 2019:—
THE SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2019
NO. 8 OF 2019
[6th July, 2019.]
An Act to amend the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Seventieth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Act, 2019.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 2nd day of March, 2019.
2. Amendment of section 2.
In section 2 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005, in clause (v),—
(i) after the words "local authority", the words ", trust or any entity as may be notified by the Central Government" shall be inserted;
(ii) for the words "authority or company", the words "authority, company, trust or entity" shall be substituted.
3. Repeal and savings.
(1) The Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act.
Definition of "Person" in Clause (v) of Section 2 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 —
(v) "Person" includes an individual, whether resident in India or outside India, a Hindu undivided family, co-operative society, a company, whether incorporated in India or outside India, a firm, proprietary concern, or an association of persons or body of individuals, whether incorporated or not, local authority, trust or any entity as may be notified by the Central Government and any agency, office or branch owned or controlled by such individual, Hindu undivided family, co-operative, association, body, authority, company, trust or entity;