Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) Notification dated the 22nd January, 2019
S.O. 368(E).—Whereas, the Central Government vide notification number S.O. 5622(E), dated the 2nd November, 2018 has directed that all companies, who get supplies of goods or services from micro and small enterprises and whose payments to micro and small enterprise suppliers exceed forty five days from the date of acceptance or the date of deemed acceptance of the goods or services as per the provisions of section 9 of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 (27 of 2006) (hereafter referred to as “Specified Companies”), shall submit a half yearly return to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs stating the following:
(a) the amount of payment due; and
(b) the reasons of the delay;
And whereas, in exercise of power under section 405 of the Companies Act, 2013, (18 of 2013) the Central Government, considers it necessary to require “Specified Companies” to furnish above information under said section of the Act.
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 405 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.-
(1) This Order may be called the Specified Companies (Furnishing of information about payment to micro and small enterprise suppliers) Order, 2019.
(2) It shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Every specified company shall file in MSME Form I details of all outstanding dues to Micro or small enterprises suppliers existing on the date of notification of this order within thirty days from the date of publication of this notification.
3. Every specified company shall file a return as per MSME Form I annexed to this Order, by 31st October for the period from April to September and by 30th April for the period from October to March.
MSME FORM I
(see Order 2 and 3)