Section 108 (Display of notices) under Chapter XI (Supplemental) of the Factories Act 1948
❝(1) In addition to the notices required to be displayed in any factory by or under this Act, there shall be displayed in every factory a notice containing such abstracts of this Act and of the rules made thereunder as may be prescribed and also the name and address of the Inspector and the certifying surgeon.
(2) All notices required by or under this Act to be displayed in a factory shall be in English and in a language understood by the majority of the workers in the factory, and shall be displayed at some conspicuous and convenient place at or near the main entrance to the factory, and shall be maintained in a clean and legible condition.
(3) The Chief Inspector may, by order in writing served on the manager of any factory, require that there shall be displayed in the factory any other notice or poster relating to the health, safety or welfare of the workers in the factory.❞
The Factories Act 1948 was amended by the:
- Repealing and Amending Act, 1949 (No. 40 of 1949);
- Repealing and Amending Act, 1950 (No. 35 of 1950);
- Adaptation of Laws Order, 1950 (A.O. 1950);
- Factories (Amendment) Act, 1954 (No. 25 of 1954);
- Central Labour Laws (Extension to Jammu and Kashmir) Act, 1970 (No. 51 of 1970);
- Factories (Amendment) Act, 1976 (No. 94 of 1976);
- Factories (Amendment) Act, 1987 (No. 20 of 1987).