search this site - type your query and submit

Daily Email Newsletter (Sign-up Free)

11.10 crore jobs / Employment in MSME Sector in India (2015-16)

During the period 2015-16, MSME sector had created around 11.10 crore jobs.

Out of which, 360.41 lakh in Manufacturing, 387.18 lakh in Trade and 362.82 lakh in Other Services and 0.07 lakh in Non-captive Electricity Generation and Transmission across the country.


Estimated Employment in MSME Sector (Broad Activity Category Wise)
Employment in MSME Sector in India (2015-16)

Distribution of Employment in Rural & Urban Areas (Enterprise Category wise) (Figs. in lakh)
Employment in MSME Sector in India (2015-16)
Micro sector accounts for 97%, Small sector 2.88% and Medium sector 0.16% persons of total employment in MSME sector.

Sectoral distribution of workers in Male and Female Category (in Lakh)
Employment in MSME Sector in India (2015-16)
Out of 1109.89 lakh employees in MSME sector, 844.68 (76%) are male employees and remaining 264.92 lakh (24%) are females.

Growth of MSMEs
Comparative Analysis between Fourth All India MSME Census (2006-07) and NSS 73rd Round (2015-16)
Employment in MSME Sector in India (2015-16)

State-wise Estimated Number of Employees (NSS 73rd Round)
Employment in MSME Sector in India (2015-16)


NOTE:

The above stats are taken from the findings/reports of the National Sample Survey (NSS) 73rd round, conducted by National Sample Survey Office, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation during the period 2015-16 (July 2015 - June 2016) and some data are sourced from 2017-18 Annual Report of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In comment with "Name/Url" option, only Name is mandatory to be filled.