Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) Notification dated the 12th June, 2018, and published in the Official Gazette on 14th June, 2018.
G.S.R. 557(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 79 of the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 (6 of 2009), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Limited Liability Partnership Rules, 2009, namely:—
1. (1) Short Title and commencement. - These rules may be called the Limited Liability Partnership (Amendment) Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Limited Liability Partnership Rules, 2009, in rule 10, -
(a) for sub-rule(1), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely: -
“(1) Every individual, who intends to be appointed as a designated partner of an existing limited liability partnership, shall make an application electronically in Form DIR-3 under the Companies (Appointment and Qualifications of Directors) Rules, 2014 for obtaining DPIN under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 and such DIN shall be sufficient for being appointed as designated partner under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008.”.
(b) in sub-rule (4), for clause (i) , the following clause shall be substituted, namely: -
“(i) Every individual who has been allotted a DPIN or DIN under these rules, shall in the event of any change in his particulars, make an application in Form DIR-6 under Companies (Appointment and Qualifications of Directors) Rules, 2014 to intimate such change(s) to the Central Government within a period of thirty days of such change(s).”.
Note : The principal Rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-Section (i), vide GSR Number 299(E), dated the 1st April, 2009 and subsequently amended vide the following notifications:-
S.No Notification # Date
1. G.S.R. 299 (E) 01st April, 2009
2. G.S.R. 385 (E) 04Th June, 2009
3. G.S.R. 24 (E) 11th January, 2010
4. G.S.R. 914 (E) 15th November, 2010
5. G.S.R. 506 (E) 05th July, 2011
6. G.S.R. 680 (E) 14th September, 2011
7. G.S.R. 796 (E) 04th November, 2011
8. G.S.R. 430 (E) 05th June, 2012
9. G.S.R. 485 (E) 21st June, 2012
10. G.S.R. 692 (E) 14th September, 2012
11. G.S.R. 786 (E) 15th October, 2015
12. G.S.R. 418 (E) 13th April, 2016
13. G.S.R. 593 (E) 10th June, 2016
14. G.S.R. 570 (E) 16th May, 2017