Ministry of Corporate Affairs MCA's Notification G.S.R. 560(E) dated 13th June, 2018, reads as follows:-
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 469 read with sections 93,94,96 and 110 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Management and Administration) Second Amendment Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014, -
(i) rule 13 shall be omitted;
(ii) in rule 15, the sub-rule (6), shall be omitted;
(iii) in rule 18, in sub-rule (3), Explanation after clause (ix), shall be omitted;
(iv) in rule 22, in sub-rule (16) for the proviso, the following shall be substituted, namely:-
"Provided that any aforesaid items of business under this sub-rule, required to be transacted by means of postal ballot, may be transacted at a general meeting by a company which is required to provide the facility to members to vote by electronic means under section 108, in the manner provided in that section:
Provided further that One Person Companies and other companies having members upto two hundred are not required to transact any business through postal ballot"
(v) the "Form No.MGT-10" shall be omitted.
Note: The principal notification was published in the Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide number G.S.R. 260(E) dated 31st March, 2014 and subsequently amended vide the following notifications:-
Sl No Notification No. Date
1. G.S.R. 415 (E) 23.06.2014
2. G.S.R. 537 (E) 24.07.2014
3. G.S.R. 669 (E) 28.08.2015
4. G.S.R. 737 (E) 24.09.2015
5. G.S.R. 862 (E) 16.11.2015
6. G.S.R. 908 (E) 23.09.2016
7. G.S.R. 175 (E) 16.02.2018