May 25, 2018: The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), India has extended the last date for submission of comments on the recently published draft National Digital Communications Policy(NDCP), 2018. Public and stakeholders can give their comments till 1st June 2018 through the MyGov portal, where the draft Policy has been hosted for public comments.
Several stakeholders had requested DoT to provide more time for giving inputs on the draft Policy. Earlier the deadline was set as 25th May 2018.
The DoT had released the draft NDCP on 1st May 2018 for public comments.
The key objectives of the Policy include:
- broadband for all,
- creating 4 million additional jobs in the Digital Communications sector,
- enhancing the contribution of the Digital Communications sector to 8% of India’s GDP from around 6% in 2017,
- propelling India to the Top 50 Nations in the ICT Development Index of ITU from 134 in 2017,
- enhancing India’s contribution to Global Value Chains, and
- ensuring Digital Sovereignty of the country.
Source: Ministry of Communications