Ministry of Labour and Employment Notification dated the 7th March, 2017
G.S.R. 203(E).—The following draft of certain rules further to amend the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition ) Central Rules, 1971, which the Central Government proposes to make in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 35 of the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 (37 of 1970), is hereby published, as required by sub-section (1) of Section 35 of the said Act, for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby, and notice is hereby given that the said draft rules will be taken into consideration after the expiry of a period of thirty days from the date on which the copies of the Official Gazette in which this notification is published, are made available to the public;
Objections or suggestions, if any, may be addressed to the Joint Secretary to the Government of India and Director General (Labour Welfare), Ministry of Labour & Employment, Jaisalmer House, 26, Mansingh Road, New Delhi-110011;
The objections or suggestions, which may be received from any person with respect of the said draft rules before the expiry of the period so specified, shall be considered by the Central Government.
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Central (Amendment) Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
“82. (1) Every contractor shall upload a Unified Annual Return in the Form XXIV specified in these rules, on the web portal of the Ministry of Labour and Employment on or before the 1st day of February following the close of the year to which it relates.
(2) Every principal employer of a registered establishment shall upload a Unified Annual Return on or before the 1st day of February following the end of the year to which it relates.
(3) The principal employer or contractor shall also file a Unified Annual Return to the concerned authorities manually on or before the 1st day of February following the close of the year to which it relates.
(4) In case, if, the employer maintain registers or records or reports in electronic form, such registers or records or reports shall also be taken into consideration by the inspector for the purpose of examination of any register or record required to be kept under the Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970 (37 of 1970) and the rules made thereunder and require the production thereof for inspection.”
3. In the principal rules, form XIV and form XV shall be omitted.
4. In the principal rules, after Form XXIII, the following form shall be inserted, namely:—
UNIFIED ANNUAL RETURN FORM-‘XXIV’ - click here
Note : The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Central Rules, 1971 was published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, sub-Section (i) vide notification number G.S.R. 191, dated the 10th February, 1971 and lastly amended vide notification number G.S.R. 41(E),dated the 21st January,1999.