SECTION-415 (Acting President and Chairperson of Tribunal or Appellate Tribunal) under CHAPTER-XXVII (National Company Law Tribunal and Appellate Tribunal) of the Companies Act, 2013 -
(1) In the event of the occurrence of any vacancy in the office of the President or the Chairperson by reason of his death, resignation or otherwise, the senior-most Member shall act as the President or the Chairperson, as the case may be, until the date on which a new President or Chairperson appointed in accordance with the provisions of this Act to fill such vacancy enters upon his office.
(2) When the President or the Chairperson is unable to discharge his functions owing to absence, illness or any other cause, the senior-most Member shall discharge the functions of the President or the Chairperson, as the case may be, until the date on which the President or the Chairperson resumes his duties.
Extra Notes for Readers
(1) The Companies Act, 2013 received the assent of the President on the 29th August, 2013 (Published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II - Section 1 by Ministry of Law and Justice, Legislative Department on 30th August, 2013)
(2) Section 415 of the Companies Act, 2013 was notified by MCA Notification S.O. 1934(E) dated 1st June 2016 (w.e.f. 1st June 2016)
(3) Also refer:
- National Company Law Tribunal Rules, 2016 (notified on 21st July 2016)
- National Company Law Appellate Tribunal Rules, 2016 (notified on 21st July 2016)
This page was last updated on 2nd June, 2017.