11.0% growth in Foreign Tourist Arrivals in august, 2017 over August, 2016
71.3% growth in Foreign Tourist Arrivals on e-Tourist Visa in August, 2017 over august, 2016
Ministry of Tourism compiles monthly estimates of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) & FTAs on e-Tourist Visa on the basis of Nationality-wise, Port-wise data received from Bureau of Immigration (BOI).
The following are the important highlights regarding FTAs and FTAs on e-Tourist Visa from tourism during the month of August, 2017:
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs):
- The growth rate in FTAs in August, 2017 over August, 2016 is 11.0% compared to 8.8% in August, 2016 over August, 2015.
- FTAs during the period January- August 2017 were 63.98 lakh with a growth of 15.2% over same period of previous year, as compared to the FTAs of 55.54 lakh with a growth of 9.5% in January- August 2016 over January- August 2015.
- The percentage share of Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during August 2017 among the top 15 source countries was highest from Bangladesh (21.26%) followed by USA (11.60%), UK (9.46%), Sri Lanka (6.41%), Malaysia (3.71%), Japan (2.74%), Canada (2.57%), France (2.46%), Germany (2.39%), Australia (2.37%), Nepal (2.11%), Singapore (1.96%), China (1.94%), Oman (1.76%) and UAE (1.57%).
Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) on e-Tourist Visa:
- During January-August 2017, a total of 9.49 lakh tourist arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 6.06 lakh during January-August 2016, registering a growth of 56.5%.
- The percentage shares of top 15 source countries availing e- Tourist Visa facilities during August, 2017 were as follows:
- The percentage shares of top 15 ports in tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa during August, 2017 were as follows: