Department of Consumer Affairs, Notice dated 7th July, 2017 regarding invitation for VCOs for associating themselves in the Clean Market Scheme of Department of Consumer Affairs, is as under:
1. Under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan of Government of India, the Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, has initiated 'Clean Market Scheme' to establish a new paradigm of cleanliness in Indian markets for which the Department proposes to involve Voluntary Consumer Organizations (VCOs) to carry out awareness activities on Swachhta by adopting a market place and ensuring its cleanliness including provision of sanitation facilities for consumers and street vendors, in association with the market association and local authorities.
2. For this, the Department is looking for VCOs interested in associating with the Department in the above programme. Financial assistance of Rs. 15,000/- per month will be provided to a VCO in each State/UT for a period of two years.
3. A copy each of the scheme and application format are attached. (click here)
4. Interested VCOs may submit their request in the prescribed proforma duly signed by an authorized signatory on or before 15.08.2017 by 17:00 hours to Shri G.C. Rout, Deputy Secretary, Department of Consumer Affairs, 461, 4th Floor, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi-110001.
5. For more details, Please visit the website of the Department viz. http://consumeraffairs.nic.in.