CBEC has issued today(8-Jul-2017) some clarifications on migration, new registration, opting for composition scheme and issue of bills of supply with regard to GST, which is as follows:
1. The rules related to registration and composition scheme have been notified on 19th June, 2017. These rules have been brought into effect from 22nd June, 2017. The intent of notifying these rules is to start the process of issue of registration certificate, called Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN), to taxpayers who have already been issued provisional ID for registration(PID) as well as to the new taxpayers.
2. Any person who has been granted PID and who opts for composition scheme, should submit an intimation of option in a prescribed form on GSTN on or before 21st July, 2017.
3. Any persons who has PID may submit the required documents on GSTN for getting the certificate of registration. It is clarified that a period of three months is allowed to complete this procedure i.e. the formalities can be completed on or before 22nd September, 2017. In the interim, they can issue tax invoice using the PID already allotted to them.
4. A person seeking fresh registration can apply for registration within thirty days from the date on which he becomes liable for registration. They can also opt for composition scheme at the time of filing of registration form.
5. The applicant for grant of new registration can issue a bill of supply for supplying goods or services during the period from the date of liability to obtain registration till date of issuance of the registration certificate, if he has applied for registration within thirty days from the date he has become liable for registration. On grant of certificate of registration he can issue revised tax invoices for the supplies made during this period.