Attention of Issuers/R&T Agents is invited to Notification dated February 28, 2017 issued by Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) notifying the Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (Accounting, Audit, Transfer and Refund) Amendment Rules, 2017 (Copy enclosed as Annexure I).
In terms of Section 124 (6) of Companies Act, 2013 and the Rules notified thereunder including the aforesaid Rules, the shares in respect of which the dividend has not been paid or claimed for a period of seven consecutive years or more, are required to be transferred by the company to the IEPF Authority. Under the aforesaid Rules, all companies are required to transfer such shares to IEPF, whether held in dematerialised form or physical form, to the demat account of IEPF Authority by way of corporate action. For this purpose, the IEPF Authority has engaged services of NSDL. Notification issued by the IEPF Authority in this regard is enclosed as Annexure II.
All Issuers/R&T Agents are hereby informed that a DPM-SHR System version release has been scheduled to facilitate Issuers/R&T Agents to transfer shares to demat account of IEPF Authority in NSDL system. File formats in respect of the Back-Office (BO) batch interface with the DPM SHR System are enclosed at Annexure-III. The important features of the file format are as under:
1. There are three different file formats to transfer shares to demat account of IEPF Authority held with NSDL.
2. File Format A shall be used where shares are being transferred from Investors’ holding demat account in NSDL Depository System. This format will enable Issuers/R&T Agents to perform simultaneous Corporate Action to debit Investors’ demat account with NSDL Depository System and credit demat account of IEPF Authority in NSDL Depository System.
3. File Format B shall be used where shares are being transferred from Investors’ holding demat account in CDSL Depository System. This format will enable Issuers/R&T Agents to perform Credit Corporate Action to credit demat account of IEPF Authority in NSDL Depository System in respect of those shares which are successfully debited by executing debit Corporate Action in CDSL Depository System.
4. File Format C shall be used where shares being transferred are held in physical form. This format will enable Issuers/R&T Agents to credit such shares into demat account of IEPF Authority in NSDL Depository System.
5. The detailed operational guidelines to transfer shares to the demat account of IEPF Authority using the aforementioned file formats will be issued shortly.
NSDL will provide utility to Issuers/R&T Agents to facilitate preparation of the file in the prescribed format.
The file formats are also being made available on the i-assist Intranet site (https://i-assist) under the head (https://i-assist/Back office file formats - New DPM SHR System) for reference.
Issuers/ R & T Agents are requested to take note of the same and inform their clients suitably.