- The total inward FDI stock stood at Rs. 20,140 billion whereas total ODI was placed at Rs. 5,790.2 billion at market value in March 2016. FDI stock at market value in the manufacturing and services sectors stood at Rs. 10,006.3 billion and Rs. 8,590.8 billion, respectively in March 2016.
- Other investment liabilities with unrelated non-resident entity stood at Rs. 12,640.8 billion in March 2016. Corresponding overseas assets amounted to 35.1 per cent of such liabilities.
- Among the source countries for FDI, Mauritius had the largest share (20.8 per cent) followed by USA (17.4 per cent), UK (15.1 per cent). The major destination for ODI by Indian companies was Singapore (20.6 per cent) in March 2016.
- Total sales of Indian subsidiary companies in foreign countries (including exports of Rs. 988.2 billion) stood at Rs. 3,301.1 billion in 2015-16 while their total purchase (including imports of Rs. 1,188.3 billion) was placed at Rs. 3,150.7 billion.
- Total sales of foreign subsidiaries in India (including exports of Rs. 5,493.6 billion) stood at Rs. 17,078.2 billion in 2015-16 while their purchases (including imports of Rs. 4,614.2 billion), were placed at Rs. 10,812.2 billion.
RBI releases its Monthly Bulletin for January 2017
The Reserve Bank of India today(10th Jan.) released the January 2017 issue of its monthly RBI Bulletin. It includes the article on ‘Census on Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Indian Direct investment Companies: 2015-16’ apart from Press Releases on Working Papers and Occasional Papers.
The regular Current Statistics this month includes occasional tables on Small Savings, Ownership Pattern of Central and State Governments Securities and Combined Receipts and Disbursements of the Central and State Governments.
The Report on Trend and Progress of Banking in India 2015-16 and Financial Stability Report – December 2016 are being issued as a supplement with this issue of the RBI Bulletin.
Census on Foreign Liabilities and Assets of Indian Direct Investment Companies: 2015-16
The article ‘Census on Foreign Liabilities and Assets (FLA) of Indian Direct investment Companies, 2015-16’ presents comprehensive information on overseas liabilities and assets of Indian companies, arising on account of foreign direct investment (FDI) in India, their overseas direct investment (ODI) and other investments. In the latest round of the Census, 18,549 companies have reported so far, of which 17,008 companies had FDI /ODI in their balance sheet in March 2016.
The detailed data relating to this Census were earlier released on the RBI website on December 19, 2016.
Labels: RBI Monthly Bulletins