Schedule IV of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 is as under:
“PART A: DISCLOSURES IN FINANCIAL RESULTS
[See Regulation 33(1)(e)]
The listed entity shall disclose the following while preparing the financial results:-
A. Changes in accounting policies, if any, shall be disclosed in accordance with Accounting Standard 5 or Indian Accounting Standard 8, as applicable, specified in Section 133 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with relevant rules framed thereunder or by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, whichever is applicable.
B. If the auditor has expressed any modified opinion(s) in respect of audited financial results submitted or published under this para, the listed entity shall disclose such modified opinion(s) and cumulative impact of the same on profit or loss, net worth, total assets, turnover/total income, earning per share, total expenditure, total liabilities or any other financial item(s) which may be impacted due to modified opinion(s), while publishing or submitting such results.
BA. If the auditor has expressed any modified opinion(s), the management of the listed entity has the option to explain its views on the audit qualifications and the same shall be included in the Statement on Impact of Audit Qualifications (for audit report with modified opinion).
BB. With respect to audit qualifications where the impact of the qualification is not quantifiable:
i. The management shall make an estimate and the auditor shall review the same and report accordingly; orC. If the auditor has expressed any modified opinion(s) or other reservation(s) in his audit report or limited review report in respect of the financial results of any previous financial year or quarter which has an impact on the profit or loss of the reportable period, the listed entity shall include as a note to the financial results –
ii.If the management is unable to make an estimate, it shall provide the reasons and the auditor shall review the same and report accordingly.
The above shall be included in the statement on impact of audit qualifications (for audit report with modified opinion).
(i) how the modified opinion(s) or other reservation(s) has been resolved; orD. If the listed entity has changed its name suggesting any new line of business, it shall disclose the net sales or income, expenditure and net profit or loss after tax figures pertaining to the said new line of business separately in the financial results and shall continue to make such disclosures for the three years succeeding the date of change in name:
(ii) if the same has not been resolved, the reason thereof and the steps which the listed entity intends to take in the matter.
Provided that the tax expense shall be allocated between the said new line of business and other business of the listed entity in the ratio of the respective figures of net profit before tax, subject to any exemption, deduction or concession available under the tax laws.
E. If the listed entity had not commenced commercial production or commercial operations during the reportable period, the listed entity shall, instead of submitting financial results, disclose the following details:
(i) details of amount raised i.e. proceeds of any issue of shares or debentures made by the listed entity;Provided that the details mentioned above shall be approved by the board of directors based on certification by the chief executive officer and chief financial officer.
(ii) the portions thereof which is utilized and that remaining unutilized;
(iii) the details of investment made pending utilisation ;
(iv) brief description of the project which is pending completion;
(v) status of the project and
(vi) expected date of commencement of commercial production or commercial operations:
F. All items of income and expenditure arising out of transactions of exceptional nature shall be disclosed.
G. Extraordinary items, if applicable, shall be disclosed in accordance with Accounting Standard 5 (AS 5 – Net Profit or Loss for the Period, Prior Period Items and Changes in Accounting Policies) or Companies (Accounting Standards) Rules, 2006, whichever is applicable.
H. The listed entity, whose revenues are subject to material seasonal variations, shall disclose the seasonal nature of their activities and the listed entity may supplement their financial results with information for the twelve month period ending on the last day of the quarter for the current and preceding years on a rolling basis.
I. The listed entity shall disclose any event or transaction which occurred during or before the quarter that is material to an understanding of the results for the quarter including but not limited to completion of expansion and diversification programmes, strikes and lock-outs, change in management, change in capital structure and the listed entity shall also disclose similar material events or transactions that take place subsequent to the end of the quarter.
J. The listed entity shall disclose the following in respect of dividends paid or recommended for the year, including interim dividends :
(i) amount of dividend distributed or proposed for distribution per share; the amounts in respect of different classes of shares shall be distinguished and the nominal values of shares shall also be indicated;K. The listed entity shall disclose the effect on the financial results of material changes in the composition of the listed entity, if any, including but not limited to business combinations, acquisitions or disposal of subsidiaries and long term investments, any other form of restructuring and discontinuance of operations.
(ii) where dividend is paid or proposed to be paid pro-rata for shares allotted during the year, the date of allotment and number of shares allotted, pro-rata amount of dividend per share and the aggregate amount of dividend paid or proposed to be paid on pro-rata basis.
L. The listed entity shall ensure that segment reporting is done in accordance with AS-17 or Indian Accounting Standard 108 as applicable, specified in Section 133 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with relevant rules framed thereunder or by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, whichever is applicable.
PART B: PREPARATION AND DISCLOSURES IN FINANCIAL RESULTS OF LISTED ENTITY WHICH HAS LISTED ITS INDIAN DEPOSITORY RECEIPTS
A. Periodicity of Disclosure of Financial Results
(1) Financial results may be given on annual, half yearly and/or quarterly basis, as required under the requirements of the home country.
B. Accounting Principle to be used in preparation and disclosure of financial Results:
(1) The listed entity may prepare and disclose its financial results in accordance with Indian GAAP or International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS or US GAAP
(2) In case the listed entity prepares and discloses the financial results as per US GAAP, a reconciliation statement vis-a-vis Indian GAAP and summary of significant differences between the Indian GAAP and US GAAP has to be annexed.
(3) If financial results are prepared in accordance with IFRS, then listed entity shall annex only the summary of significant differences between the Indian GAAP and IFRS.
(4) If the listed entity is shifting from IFRS to US GAAP or vice versa then the accounts relating to the previous period shall be properly restated for comparison;
(5) The Accounting / Reporting Standard followed for any interim results shall be consistent with that of the Annual results.
(6) The financial results so submitted shall be based on the same set of accounting policies as those followed in the previous year provided that in case, there are changes in the accounting policies, the results of previous year shall be restated as per the present accounting policies, to make it comparable with current year results;
C. Auditing/Limited Review
(1) In case the listed entity prepares and discloses the financial results as per Indian GAAP, the listed entity shall ensure that the annual, half yearly and/or quarterly results, as required under the laws , rules or regulations of home country, shall be audited or subject to limited review by a Chartered Accountant in accordance with Auditing ad Assurance Standards.
(2) In case the listed entity prepares and discloses the financial results as per US GAAP or IFRS, the listed entity shall ensure that the annual, half yearly and/or quarterly results, as required under the laws, rules or regulations of home country shall be audited or subject to limited review by professional accountant or certified public accountant in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing. The auditor‘s report shall also be prepared in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing.
(1) The listed entity shall disclose the audit qualification(s) or any other audit reservation(s) along with the financial results in addition to the explanatory statement as to how audit qualification(s) or any other audit reservation(s) in respect of the audited accounts of the previous accounting year have been addressed in the financial results;
(a) The listed entity shall ensure that, if Indian GAAP is followed in preparation of the financial results the format of the disclosure of financial results shall be as prescribed by the Board.(3) The listed entity shall make disclosures of its financial information in its functional currency/reporting currency/national currency and the reporting currency shall be restricted to Sterling Pound/Euro/Yen/US Dollar.
(b) In case if Indian GAAP is not followed, the format of such disclosure shall be as per the disclosure requirements of the listed entity in the home country where the listed entity is listed.
(4) The listed entity shall provide convenient translation into Indian Rupees of the latest year‘s/periods statements (as the case may be) of consolidated profit and losses, assets and liabilities and cash flows, at the closing rate of exchange, as at the date on which the financial information is presented.
(5) The listed entity shall provide convenient translations in English and other notes such that the IDR Holders are able to understand such financial statements.”
(1) Various Compliance Formats under Listing Regulations (LODR) 2015 is available at BSE site.
(2) For latest copy of the regulation and any amendments thereto, kindly check at the SEBI site.
Post Last Updated On 16th October 2016