(1) An application for notification of a stock exchange as a recognised stock exchange for the purposes of clause (d) of proviso to clause (5) of section 43 may be made to the Member (Income Tax), Central Board of Direct Taxes, North Block, New Delhi - 110001.
(2) The application referred to in sub-rule (1) shall be accompanied with the following documents, namely :—
(i) approval granted by Securities and Exchange Board of India for trading in derivatives;(3) The Central Government may call for such other information from the applicant as it deems necessary for taking a decision on the application.
(ii) up-to-date rules, bye-laws and trading regulations of the stock exchange;
(iii) confirmation regarding fulfilling the conditions referred to in clause (ii) to clause (v) of rule 6DDA;
(iv) such other information as the stock exchange may like to place before the Central Government.
(4) The Central Government, after examining the information furnished by the stock exchange under sub-rule (2) or sub-rule (3), shall notify the stock exchange as a recognised stock exchange for the purposes of clause (d) of proviso to clause (5) of section 43 or issue an order rejecting the application before the expiry of four months from the end of the month in which the application is received.
(5) The notification referred to in sub-rule (4) shall be effective until the approval granted by the Securities and Exchange Board of India is withdrawn or expired, or the notification is rescinded by the Central Government.
Extra Notes for Readers
- Rule 6DDB was modified by the Income-tax (3rd Amendment) Rules, 2017, dt. 23-03-2017