Receive Daily Updates by Email (Free Subscription)
Rule 11-O of Income Tax Rules 1962: Certificate of Payment or Expenditure (Section 35AC)
Rule 11-O : Certificate of payment or expenditure in respect of eligible projects or schemes notified under section 35AC.
(Chapter: II Part F. - National Committee for Promotion of Social and Economic Welfare)
(1) The certificate referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (2) of section 35AC shall be in Form No. 58A.
(2) The certificate referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 35AC shall be in Form No. 58B.
(3) Every public sector company or a local authority or an association or institution, as the case may be, who issues a certificate referred to in sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2) shall, in respect of the 31st March in each financial year, deliver or cause to be delivered to the Secretary, National Committee, an annual report indicating the progress of work relating to the project/scheme during the year as well as the following information (please specify the information in respect of each contributor separately):—
(i) Names of the contributors and their addresses. (ii) Permanent Account Number/G.I.R. Number of the contributors. (iii) Amount(s) of contribution. (iv) The project/scheme for which contribution was made. (v) Total amount of contribution received during the previous year. (vi) Total cost of the project approved by the National Committee (with date of Committee's approval).
(4) Every public sector company or a local authority or an association or institution, as the case may be, who issues a certificate referred to in sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2) shall send an annual statement of donation received and the details of the project to the National Committee and to each contributor by 30th June, following the financial year in which the amounts are received.
Extra Notes for Readers:
- Rule 11-O was introduced by the Income Tax (2nd Amendment) Rules, 1993, w.e.f. 24-Feb-1993 Reference/Source: Check at Income Tax site for latest version of the Rules - link