Receive Daily Updates by Email (Free Subscription)
Regulation 39 of SEBI (LODR): Issuance of Certificates or Receipts/Letters/Advices for Securities and Dealing with Unclaimed Securities
Regulation 39under Chapter IV (Obligations of Listed Entity which has Listed its Specified Securities) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 is as under:
“(1) The listed entity shall comply with Rule 19(3) of Securities Contract (Regulations) Rules, 1957 in respect of Letter/Advices of Allotment, Acceptance or Rights, transfers, subdivision, consolidation, renewal, exchanges, issuance of duplicates thereof or any other purpose.
(2) The listed entity shall issue certificates or receipts or advices, as applicable, of subdivision, split, consolidation, renewal, exchanges, endorsements, issuance of duplicates thereof or issuance of new certificates or receipts or advices, as applicable, in cases of loss or old decrepit or worn out certificates or receipts or advices, as applicable within a period of thirty days from the date of such lodgement.
(3) The listed entity shall submit information regarding loss of share certificates and issue of the duplicate certificates, to the stock exchange within two days of its getting information.
(4) The listed entity shall comply with the procedural requirements specified in Schedule VI while dealing with securities issued pursuant to the public issue or any other issue, physical or otherwise, which remain unclaimed and/or are lying in the escrow account, as applicable.”
(1) Various Compliance Formats under Listing Regulations (LODR) 2015 is available at BSE site.
(2) For latest copy of the regulation and any amendments thereto, kindly check at the SEBI site.