Receive Daily Updates by Email (Free Subscription)
Regulation 37 of SEBI (LODR): Draft Scheme of Arrangement & Scheme of Arrangement.
Regulation 37under Chapter IV (Obligations of Listed Entity which has Listed its Specified Securities) of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 is as under:
“(1)Without prejudice to provisions of regulation 11, the listed entity desirous of undertaking a scheme of arrangement or involved in a scheme of arrangement, shall file the draft scheme of arrangement,proposed to be filed before any Court or Tribunal under sections 391-394 and 101 of the Companies Act, 1956 or under Sections 230-234 and Section 66 of Companies Act, 2013, whichever applicable, with the stock exchange(s) for obtaining Observation Letter or No-objection letter, before filing such scheme with any Court or Tribunal,in terms of requirements specified by the Board or stock exchange(s) from time to time.
(2) The listed entity shall not file any scheme of arrangement under sections 391-394 and 101 of the Companies Act, 1956 or under Sections 230-234 and Section 66 of Companies Act, 2013 ,whichever applicable, with any Court or Tribunal unless it has obtained observation letter or No-objection letter from the stock exchange(s).
(3) The listed entity shall place the Observation letter or No-objection letter of the stock exchange(s) before the Court or Tribunal at the time of seeking approval of the scheme of arrangement:
Provided that the validity of the ‗Observation Letter‘ or No-objection letter of stock exchanges shall be six months from the date of issuance, within which the draft scheme of arrangement shall be submitted to the Court or Tribunal .
(4)The listed entity shall ensure compliance with the other requirements as may be prescribed by the Board from time to time.
(5) Upon sanction of the Scheme by the Court or Tribunal, the listed entity shall submit the documents, to the stock exchange(s), as prescribed by the Board and/or stock exchange(s) from time to time.”
(1) Various Compliance Formats under Listing Regulations (LODR) 2015 is available at BSE site.
(2) For latest copy of the regulation and any amendments thereto, kindly check at the SEBI site.