A Company with Mid Cap Stock is known as a Mid Cap Company.
What is a Mid Cap Stock?
The Mid Cap Stock is the stock of a company with market capitalization in the range of $2 billion to $10 billion.
(This is an approximate figure as noted in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission website.)
- The daily trading volumes are in good numbers not too high though.
- The pricing of the mid-cap stocks are generally in the medium scale.
- Their revenues are not too high but in medium range as well as their assets and operations.
- The investments in the stocks of mid cap companies are considered less risky.
Examples of Mid-Cap Companies
- Staples, Inc. - market cap $6.3bn
- Seattle Genetics, Inc. - market cap $4.67bn
- Yandex N. V. - market cap $4.55bn
- BlackBerry Limited - market cap $4.19bn
- Dreamworks Animation SKG, Inc. - market cap $2.25bn
Source: nasdaq.com (data as on 14th March 2016)
- Mega Cap Company
- Large Cap Company
- Small Cap Company
- Micro Cap Company
- Nano Cap Company