A Company with Mega Cap Stock is known as a Mega Cap Company.
What is a Mega Cap Stock?
The Mega Cap Stock is the stock of a company with market capitalization above $200 billion.
(This is an approximate figure as noted in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission website.)
- The daily trading volumes are very large.
- The pricing of the mega-cap stocks are generally very high.
- Their revenues are also quite high as well as their assets and operations are vast.
- The investments in the stocks of mega cap companies are considered less risky.
- Apple Inc. - market cap $566.99bn
- Alphabet Inc. - market cap $512.71bn
- Microsoft Corporation - market cap $419.75bn
- Facebook, Inc. - market cap $311.41bn
- Amazon.com, Inc. - market cap $268.2bn
Source: nasdaq.com (data as on 14th March 2016)
- Large Cap Company
- Mid Cap Company
- Small Cap Company
- Micro Cap Company
- Nano Cap Company