Companies on which section 165 is applicable:
- Every company limited by shares, and
- every company limited by guarantee and having a share capital.
The statutory report shall set out -
- Total no. of shares allotted, distinguishing shares allotted as fully or partly paid-up otherwise than in cash, and stating in the case of shares partly paid-up, the extent to which they are so paid-up, and in either case, the consideration for which they have been allotted;
- Total amount of cash received by the company by allotment of shares allotted each distinguished as said above;
- An abstract of the receipts of the company and of the payments made thereout, up to a date within 7 days of the date of the report, showing each sources of receipts viz. shares, debentures and other sources & payments made thereout, and the balance remaining in hand, and an account or estimate of preliminary expenses, showing separately any commission/discount paid or to be paid on the issue or sale of shares or debentures ;
- Names, addresses & occupations of directors, auditors and manager & secretary, if any, and the changes, if any, since the date of the incorporation ;
- Particulars of any contract (with modification, if any) to be submitted to the meeting for approval;
- The extent, if any, to which each underwriting contract, If any, has not been carried out, and the reasons therefor ;
- Arrears, if any, due on calls from every director & manager ; and
- Details of commission or brokerage paid or to be paid, if any, in connection with the issue or sale of shares /debentures to any director / manager.
Provisions under the new companies act
There is no provision for statutory meeting under companies act 2013.