Specimen/Format of Notice of Statutory Meeting of a Public Limited Company
NOTICE is hereby given that in pursuance of the provision of Section 165 of the Companies Act, 1956 the Statutory Meeting of the members of _______ (Name of the Company) ___Limited will be held on _______(date), at _______(time) at _____________(Address), to transact the following businesses:
1. To consider and adopt the Statutory Report and pass the following resolution as an Ordinary resolution:
“RESOLVED THAT the copy of Statutory Report as annexed with the notice and duly certified by the directors and auditors of the company as required under the companies act, 1956 be and is hereby approved.
FURTHER RESOLVED THAT Mr. X, Company Secretary or Mr. Y, Director be and are hereby severally authorised to file the Statutory Report with the Registrar of Companies”.
2. To discuss any matter relating to the formation of the company or arising out of the statutory report.
By Order of the Board of Directors
For ________(Name of the Company)
Place: ____ (Name)
Date: _____ (Designation)
1. A MEMBER ENTITLED TO ATTEND AND VOTE IS ENTITLED TO APPOINT A PROXY TO ATTEND AND VOTE INSTEAD OF HIMSELF AND THE PROXY NEED NOT BE A MEMBER OF THE COMPANY. THE INSTRUMENT APPOINTING A PROXY, SHOULD HOWEVER BE DEPOSITED AT THE REGISTERED OFFICE OF THE COMPANY, NOT LESS THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE MEETING.
2. Members/proxies should bring duly filled Attendance Slips sent herewith to attend the meeting.
3. The Register of Directors Shareholding, maintained under Section 307 of the Companies Act, 1956 will be available for inspection by the members at the meeting.
4. The Register of Contracts, maintained under Section 301 of the Companies Act, 1956 and all documents as mentioned in the resolutions and or explanatory statement will be available for inspection by the members at the registered office of the Company.
5. Members holding shares in physical form are requested to notify the change in their address to the Registrar Share Transfer Agent, M/s. ______, (address). Members should quote their folio numbers in the correspondence.
6. An Explanatory statement pursuant to Section 173(2) of the Companies Act, 1956 relating to the Special Business is annexed.
ANNEXURE TO THE NOTICE
EXPLANATORY STATEMENT AS REQUIRED UNDER SECTION 173(2) OF THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956
Item No. 1
Our Company was incorporated on _____ as a Public Limited Company in accordance with the provisions of Section 3 (1) (iv) of Companies Act, 1956, the Company has also obtained the Certificate of Commencement of Business on ____ from the Registrar of Companies, ___. In accordance with Section 165 of the Companies Act, 1956, every Public Limited Company is required to hold a Statutory Meeting within a period of not less than one month nor more than six months from the date at which the company is entitled to commence business. This Statutory Meeting of a Company is held only once during the existence of the Company. A copy of the Statutory Report is annexed to this notice. The members can consider and adopt the same.
Hence the Board recommends the passing of the draft resolution at item no. 1 as an Ordinary resolution.
None of the Directors is concerned or interested to this resolutions.
Related Post : Statutory meeting of company